Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You Know Things Are Twisted Up When...

Life must be a little unbalanced when....
  • You are excited to find a lean cuisine in your Freezer at 11pm when you get home from work;
  • You forget where you parked your car in the garage at work because it has been there so long;
  • You're reading blogs on your crackberry while driving home from work to try to catch up;
  • You think jott.com is the greatest invention ever;
  • You realize in July that your dining room table runner is your Easter runner (um, I think this happened last year, too);
  • Your winter snowman decorations are still on the kitchen wall - but at least you've put away the valentines and st pats day front door hangings
  • Your car has been at the repair shop nearly a week - and it only took them 1 day to fix it but you keep forgetting to pick it up or get home too late to do it;
  • Your other car has been in need of a front license plate since....you bought it in November but you keep forgetting to get one;
  • Owner's manuals for those used cars you bought last November? Oh yeah, you'll get those too, one of these days...;
  • You look at your Netflix account and realize that you've had the same two movies for over a month;
  • You decide to "work from home" because all of your office-appropriate clothes are in a heap in a bag to go to the drycleaners, but, yep, you keep forgetting that, too;
  • You are thankful that your children are teenagers who can feed themselves and like macaroni and cheese and sandwiches and cereal and fruit;
  • You know that none of the important bills in your life (mortgage, insurance, utilities, etc) would ever get paid on time if you didn't have automated payments set up from your checking account and the 1 or 2 un-automated ones sometimes get forgotten...;
  • despite these lists of "things to do, to remember, to get control of" you find that BLOGGING still manages to get done almost every day....

10 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

I'm laughing at these and then...I remember the Christmas decoration on the door to the kitchen that I finally took down last October (only to put it up again a few weeks later!)...and it is in the same place this year...even now!! It's 1:30 in the morning...and here I sit...trying to dig out of my blogreader....Isn't this just too damn much fun!!!!
What did I used to do with my time...really...could someone tell me?!?! :-D

Suzanne said...

You are so funny....even when you are so frazzled.
If I find our you crashed while reading blogs....I will take back all good awards. :)
You don't have time for accidents.

HWHL said...

Awww... hang in there.... and don't forget to feed poor Lorelai!

(I love that name, btw!!) :-)

katydidnot said...

yeah, me too. urgh.

Anonymous said...

and i'm happy to be the beneficiary of your blogging addiction. :) bills, schmills.

Carol P. said...

Raise your hand if you think TGND is making the right priority call, re blogging.

And BTW, blogging is cheap therapy, if it works for you. We're all cheering you on and, in the immortal words of Frasier Crane, "We're listening."

Amy said...

I feel like you just wrote a post about me and my life!

Anonymous said...

This is my life right now. No joke. Except I haven't been able to find time to blog like I used to. I'm going into work late today and using the time, not to unpack boxes from our move, but to discover new blogs like this.
The house we moved out of had a Christmas wreath hanging in the hallway. My fingers are numb from typing so much at work. Thank God for overtime.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

No kidding; July is C-RAY-ZY busy.

Least you find the funny...

Manager Mom said...

It's amazing how blogging does take the priority. Yikes...

By the way, which Lean Cuisine? 'cause if it's the Spa Classic Lemongrass Chicken, that is pretty damn exciting.

I'm just sayin'.