Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Six Random things

Thanks Myra for the nod. Curious. I am totally random. So forget 6, I could go on all day!
1. Cut me off in traffic? No problem. Run a red light? No problem. BUT FORGET TO SIGNAL AND I WILL TAKE A CONTRACT OUT ON YOU. yeah, no signals, my pet peeve.

2. I have a niece who is allergic to anything odd numbered. When she's in my car, it has to be on even numbers. When she pushes a button, it has to be even numbered times. She's 26 and there's no hope for her, but I love her. Except for the button-pushing...

3. I evilly trained my children to give good footrubs. When they were about 3 or 4 and we lived in Spain, I made it a competition. "Oh Son, you are the best footrubber in the world. Oooh. Nooo, wait, I think it's Daughter. yes Daughter now you are the best!' I did that all the time to get them to rub my feet for more than 2 seconds. Now my Son truly is the world's best footrubber (daughter figured out the scheme...darn.)

4. I fall asleep at my computer at least once a week. I just did it now. And now I'm awake. Clearly time to go to bed.

5. I have been getting hot flashes since I was 39 and my sisters tell me they will last until I am 50 and I therefore hate my genes. Hate hate hate.

6. I collect band and conference badges. I have them hanging on my wall in my office. I don't just keep mine, I approach random conference goers and ask them for theirs, too. I get them from "celebrities" who attend the conference, band leaders who perform, as well as random people.

THE RULES:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Let your tagger know when your blog entry is up.
Who’s up? Let’s see…

1. My Cousin JO at Merry ol' land of oz because she is SOOOO much younger than I (3 weeks HA) and she has great wit

2. Persnicky Ticker because she is so random.

3. Etc etc etc I am learning to love Japan and I so want you to visit me when you come to the states.

4. And Alice at Honey Pie because random is good and admitting you like Tom Cruise movies even better...

5. Katy because us twin moms have to stick together.... and

6. And Katydidnot because she has the craziest life and the best comments!!!

thanks all for playing. time for me to go to bed before I fall asleep on my computer again....

10 comments:

katydidnot said...

yes, okay i will play. i'm all about random. which, is, yes, shocking, i know.

Katy said...

Cool - now I have to figure out how to put the link "under" a word instead of spelling the url out...

Too much work for my brain tonight, I'll get on it tomorrow! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your random things are a riot! Why didn't I think of the footrub thing? Do you think it's too late to teach this to a 6 yo, or would he be on to me. :)

And you lived in Spain? Love to hear about that...

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Katydidnot random and crazy?

Say it isn't so.

Alice said...

Hey..I'll be the first to admit that I like a few older Tom Cruise movies. Now..he's just a complete nut job.

You are the smartest person in the world with the footrub thing. I try to get my kid's to scratch my back, but the suck pretty much.

Someone else also tagged me with this meme, so I may need to combine and come up with this soon.

Later babe - NOW GO TO YOUR BED AND SLEEP!

Katy said...

I followed almost all of the rules - my post is up but I only tagged four people.

Will the flogging commence immediately? ;-)

Susan said...

Check out my blog if you want my hot flash story!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You will love this. I keep a posterboard in my car with "Signal" written on it in Sharpie. There's one intersection I have to navigate on a regular basis that is a total bear. If the person coming down the hill doesn't signal you have lost a valuable opportunity to make your move. I'm hoping I'm training them, but so far I think I'm just embarrasing my kids.

dkuroiwa said...

So I read this a day or two ago and swear to you, I commented!! What the frick happened to my incredibly witty comment?!?!
Okay...so random...I can do random...actually have been thinking about what to put and I might be ready to post...give me a day...thanks, babe!

And hot flashes? Can't sleep? that's pretty much normal around here!! and if cheri says they stop at 47...whoohoo...I'm almost done!! :-D

Anonymous said...

=( so i randomly am bored at work today bc i forgot my book at home and i have already done everything i can think of to do online and i see IIIIIIIII am one of your random things?!?!?!?! =*(