Thursday, July 31, 2008

OOOPS I'm the mom....

Sometimes when the kids are with me (and their friends) I forget that I am the mom. I have kind of a silly streak in me - a practical joker if you will. Shocking, I know.

So yesterday we're driving to the movies and there's a "barely old enough to drive" young man in a hidiously colored mustang convertible in front of us. (One of the kids called it "baby shit brown, which made me hoot. Said that's what his mother would call it. I've heard of goat-puke green. Now I know a new one.) anyway, the boy was driving nicely. But he kept playing with his hair. Fussing actually. With his fingers. Then the light would turn green and he'd move on to the next one in a convertible with the top down. And get to the redlight and fuss with his hair (long - well beyond ears but maybe not quite to shoulders). I mean primping and fussing. A lot. So of course we started giggling. First laughing at Daughter's BF comment of "Babyshit brown" (so funny coming out of his band-geek, straight A mouth - in front me me!). And then I forgot I was the mom.

And I pulled a hair brush out of my purse and dangled it out the window and made eyes at him as he looked in his rearview mirror.

What was I thinking??

of course the kids laughed uproariously. I sometimes don't set the best example, I admit...

6 comments:

Katy said...

LOVE IT!!! It's so fun to have kids old enough to goof off with! And yours aren't embarassed by you either - you must be doing something right!!

Alice said...

You're too cool. And clever, I might add - I like the subtlety of it all.

Jinxy and Me said...

That is too funny. I would have liked to see the guy's reaction!

Amy said...

It's great that you are able to goof with them! They'll look back at times like that and remember them forever!

dkuroiwa said...

I know that color!! There is a school uniform here that has a jacket that exact same color...baby shit brown!!

My 10 year old is just now starting to get the nuances of Mommy's sense of humor...we're going to have such fun...we are really starting to have some fun!
Can't wait to drive somewhere with you!!! :-D

Feisty Irish Wench said...

bwahahahah!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only mom that jokes around with their kids. Some parents take their job way too seriously. We know you don't have that problem.