Friday, March 27, 2009

The Blessing in the Thorn

Sometimes we find people who remind us just how lucky - and weak - we are. And remind us that we can choose to be strong. If you do not know Misty at A Road Less Traveled, well you should. She will inspire you. Unless you are a plastic mannequin. But even then? Ever seen the Movie Mannequin?



Ah, I digress.



See Misty is facing some amazing challenges in her life. Yet she finds in each one a blessing. Strength. A gift from God. I have learned these lessons from which she draws her strength. I have studied them in various churches. I like to think I have Faith. That God and Jesus have a purpose in my life.



And yet last tonight? I threw a temper tantrum at my son for some silly stuff, all because I had a rough day/night at work and am totally stressed and seriously burned out.



When I should be thanking the Lord I have so much work. I have more billable hours than I can handle. Which in this economy means I have a job. Means my kids can go to their fabulous private school where they are thriving. Means they will go to college. Means we can afford luxuries like trips and cars. Means I don't have to wonder how I will afford bread and milk and medicine when they are sick. Means I can afford the time and money to give back to those who don't have a darned thing.


So Misty? Thanks. A Lot.


And God Bless You. And little Isaac.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have been there before. It is so sad and she is facing it with such grace.

I have not commented because the one thing I'm learning from blogging is that the flip side to all the wonderful people you meet is that some of them will have terrible things happen and you will face as much more sadness as you have blog friends. I don't know if this is terrible of me or not, but I am still reeling from Angie losing her husband.

blognut said...

Humbling...

We do forget to be grateful once in a while.

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, my sweet friend, please don't be so hard on yourself. You're only human. We ALL have days like that, we all yell at our kids because of misplaced anger/stress/exhaustion, we all do. Don't beat yourself up over it. Usually a good hug and an "I'm sorry" does the trick.

I've read your friend's blog a few times before, but I'm really not strong enough to read it regularly. I am in AWE of her strength and her faith. I would not be able to handle things the way she does. God bless her.

zelzee said...

So often we forget to count our blessings. No matter how awful our life is at a moment.......we always have something we can be grateful for!

And guess what.......we all forget sometimes.

And guess what.......our kids still love us.