Awww thanks Margo over at Life In the Short Lane for This Grand Award! And thanks for reminding me that Life Is Grand: full of Grand Blessings in the grand scheme of things. And here are my Five Things about Life that are Grand Right Now:
1. This is Son at the Grand - thought it was fitting to show this photo - and fitting this week to be grateful for his grand performances. He and Daughter are off to Disney with the Band, the Jazz band and the Choral Group to compete. He'll be accompanying the Choral Group during their competition. She's playing the flute in the Band. I'm very proud!
2. Job Job Job. Life is Grand when you are not only employed but you are also doing what you love. I do love my job. OH not every minute every day, but overall? It's a great place to earn a living and maybe help people once in a while, too. And yes I am so thankful to be so blessed.
3. Unexpected surprises from friends: Yesterday when I got to my desk, there was a cute heart-shaped pillow leaning up against my pink keyboard. It said, " coffee, chocolate, men. Somethings are just better RICH" My co-worker saw it and thought of me. We had a good giggle today then I hung it on my wall.
4. Finding Courage: Lately the Ex and I have been battling through email. Truthfully it's a bunch of stupid stuff, but he has a way of belittling me with his words and donning his annoying, superiority complex. Until I asked the Captain one night, "WHY does he annoy me so badly?" And the Captain quietly answered, "Because you let him." So here's to not letting him annoy me or make me feel negative about anything and feeling grand about who I am, or who I am becoming, without worry about what was.
5. Blogosphere Friends. It's truly grand to have this world of friends, supporters, entertainers, huggers, believers. People ask me, "Why do you blog?" Sometimes, just because I know you'll leave a comment and give me a little boost.
My Grand Friends? I'm not sure of the Rules, but here are some Grand Frequent Commenters:
Cheri at Blog This Mom - I enjoy her comments here and on other blogs. She's amazingly witty.
ChiTown Girl with her awesome Son who shaved his head for Kids with Cancer.
Suz at Busy Bee who is always there for me, making me laugh, rubbing in her spectacular Florida weather...
Bumpkin on a Swing what's not to love about hanging out on a swing in the lovely, warm, southern weather?!
And all you frequent commenters - thank you and please play along!
Go Forth And Be Grand!