Monday, June 9, 2008

TEXT OF THE MONTH

Starting a "monthly" thing - This award is just what it sounds like -
"The best text of the month that I get from my kids."
(or maybe someone else, but most likely them. They text me constantly, not wishing to speak to me out loud when in public...)

And this one? Well, no contest.

SCENE: Driving up north - without kids - to see my family for the weekend.

CUSTODY STATUS: His

SON'S AGE: 15 1/2 (not driving yet...)

RECEIVED THIS TEXT WHILE STUCK IN TRAFFIC....

(EXACTLY AS RECEIVED)



mom i was in a car accident with marians sis on the way home today -- noone and nothing of ours was damaged at all. weve been at marians for a while and their insurance agent asked for who was in the car and they have YOUR hosue info. if they call u kno nothing and plz just let me handle it we need 2 stick 2 our story. oh and she was rear ended not at all her fault ill xplain later.



I swear, I don't make this stuff up. It's still on my phone....

Did he really think he could text me this?????????????????????????????????

9 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm assuming an actual phone conversation rapidly ensued?!

Suzanne said...

oh my. Kids. Like you won't freak out or anything while driving.
Funny...we need to stick 2 our story....aggghhhhh teenagers!

Persnickety Ticker said...

I can't wait to see how this plays out...

Why do teens always think everything can be summed up or solved in a txt?

I must be getting old...I sounded old right there...

Mrs. G. said...

I have to admire his apparent trust for your ability to stick to the story. Snort.

Carol P. said...

Daid, I am totally daid. That is hilarious in its naive faith in the me-centric worldview of a teenager.

But in a couple of years, I'm sure I'll be the recipient of some WTF doozies myself....

Anonymous said...

"plz just let me handle it we need 2 stick 2 our story..."

that is one of the best lines from a 15 yo's mouth. NOT.

godspeed woman. godspeed.

dkuroiwa said...

Too freakin' funny!!! "we need to stick 2 our story"?!?!?! I know the answer to this next question, but...were WE ever that incredibly naive?!?! (me? no..nononononono...never!!hahahaha)
Please....when you have time...tell us "the rest of the story"!!!

HWHL said...

I'm practically falling on the floor I'm laughing so hard. "We need you 2 stick 2 our story"
Hello????

Oh my.

SOOOOO not looking forward to my 2 becoming teens, but it's almost upon me.....

katydidnot said...

reply txt was, i presume, "WTF???"