Here is MY ginormous king size bed. Ok accent on "my," yes. This is new, this sleeping alone and being myself thing. I love sleeping alone, in my own bed. And I love it that it's PINK. I love the comforter. I love the "M" pink pillow in the middle (does that stand for my first name or "mine" the world may never know). I am NO martha stewart and in fact a horrid decorator. I have made more home-fashion faux pas in the past 20 years than anyone would ever admit to. I am a lousy decorator. Oh well, next, move on, I have other talents. But when Ex moved out and I realized I couldn't keep the wedding quilt on any longer and I could go out and do my own thing with my room, well, it was
better than sex with George Clooney liberating to say the least.
Ex was Bob Vila and redid and redecorated most of the house, using his own ideas and his own tastes, with me getting in a snippet here and there. To be fair, Ex and I generally had the same tastes and he was better at it, so I didn't always mind that he was so
dictatorial opinionated suggestive on what we would buy or decorate with. And there was just a smidgen of angst when I would actually endeavor to buy something for the house, knowing I had to get by Captain Bligh. So Exit Ex, enter answering to me, myself and I. Enter Pink Comforter and My Bed and My room..... (why yes, I do make my bed every day. Do you? I wonder...am I weird or normal?) . No I don't usually blog from my bed - I have an office for that. but I read there, I sometimes watch late-nit-Nextflix movies on my laptop there, and, well, I get to be ME there. Sometimes My kids hang out with me there. But when it's time for bed, all are banished...
Here is the top to what used-to-be-ex's cluttered and totally ugly chest-on-chest (I think that's what you call it). Now it has MY stuff, stuff I didn't have "before. " Stuff that I look at and smile. Like the pink build-a-bear named "Candy." My sisters gave me a gift card for my 40th birthday and I made her. And She cracks me up. She's dressed for skiing and so cute. OH in my former life I collected Bears. I don't anymore. I still have the ones I did collect, in a box somewhere, but Candy Lives. And the cute little champagne glass candles? Target. My favorite store. And a cute, whimsical "spa day" bank that my mommy (and dad) gave me for my last birthday. It's silly and reminds me mommy loves me. And an old doll I bought Daughter in Spain when we lived there. She outgrew it, but I think it's precious...
And here is a jewelry chest that I always wanted but never had. Now I do. My sister helped me buy it on QVC. I adore it. Really. And my sewing basket is below it. Lest you think I am at all talented with sewing, I do buttons and the occasional
This is my triple dresser. (please ignore the crooked miniblind hanging down in my bathroom off to the left) I have always loved my triple dresser. The first suite of "real" furniture that we bought was our bedroom set. (sans the bed - that came later). We saved and saved and saved. And I love my triple dresser. I just realized I didn't take a photo of my lingerie chest - oh well, I like that, too. But this dresser, it has stories. And memories, old and new (see below)
My photo shop abilities are limited: here's the stories of my dresser treasures:
1) that's a jelly fish in a glass enclosure. The jelly fish glow in the dark. I think that is so cool. Friend Gave it to me as a present. And I love it. My kids think its creepy. I just think it's cool. And I like it. And it's my room. If you think it's creepy, leave.
2) that's a statue of the Virgin Mary that was given to my mommy by the "Mother's Circle" when I was baptized. That puppy is old. And it reminds me of my mommy and my heritage and my religious base. It says, "Home."
3) Those are shells that Friend and I found in the "Great Clam rescue of 2008." Some day I'll blog about that. It was a great day. A smiley day. And I look at those shells and smile.
4) That's a crazy jeweled blue crab that I found at Friend's Son's art boutique. It's cool. it's different. I bought it for myself b/c I like it. Another silly smiley thing.
5) OH my goodness, it's my Velveteen Rabbit. I got that bunny for Easter when I was like, 3? 4? I love him.... again "Home."
6) That's the only photo taken of my on my 30th birthday. It's Daughter and me in Portugal at the entrance of a Portugese version of "Sea World." It wasn't really a happy time - it was the first time Ex said, "I don't love you - I want a divorce." But it is a cute photo of Daughter and Me. So I like it. Plus she's holding a live parrot and she's so cute (my daughter, not the parrot) I can't help but smile.
So welcome to my world - my heart - my room. Thanks for stopping by...