Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catch up - but no mustard.

FIRST - Thank you MYRA for my MIX TAPE MONDAY debut. She has a great website and every Monday does a blogger's favorite mix tapes. Mine is "workout tapes through the years." Her blog is very cool, great colors, interesting and varied content. Check her out!

Second, Yeah, Buffett was GREAT. Sorry all my peeps out there in Japan and across the country who couldn't take that extra ticket I had. I did find another fan to accompany the pack. The parking lot party was fun - I need to find photos of that. Captain rainman took a secret video of me hulahooping with my GIANT margarita glass (My shark swims in it, my lei decorates it, parasols keep the beverages cool. Yeah it's big...) sneaky sneaky boy. Not sure how to post that video...but let's try.
Here she is - a Hula Girl at Heart...

THIRD: After Buffett we went to BossMan's house to sleep in his new office/guest room over his garage, completely finished by hand in mahagony wood. What, sleep at my Boss's house? Why yes, he did introduce me to Captain Rainman. That's a weird story...

Then Sunday we went sailing with BossMan and his family. Oh by now I'm used to our somewhat twisted relationship - BossMan and I share some strange friends and experiences. I guess that's a good thing to really, really like your Boss for the person he is. He loves his wife deeply even after 15 or so years, which is rare in my world, I must tell you. He's a great dad. He's a good brother. Oh and he gets so mad when I call him "Boss." He's my colleague. But it's more fun to call him BossMan.

So after a perfect sailing day from the Marina to BossMan's bay house (where the Captain and I hang out when Captain comes to town because, well, the kids next door is just a little too close...), and after a couple bottles of Champagne among the 5 of us (BossMan's wife and sister and us), and some Dark n Stormies and the hugest, most awesome crabcakes in the universe, BossMan declares, "I want to go for a boat ride." BossMan has a stable of boats...so Captain and I are dumb enough to get in the little "runabout" (15 feet?) and cruise the river with him ... at 11pm at night ... Silly us, we thought we were going for a little ride. Then BossMan takes us to A new bar on the water with a live band. Captain and I say, "Um we didn't bring wallets or purses - I thought we were going for a ride." BossMan exclaims, "I have LOTS of Cash in my pocket." Well then....


[edited to remove photo after thinking about how he might feel if he saw this photo.....]
We go up and find this great band playing eclectic 80's tunes. And we dance. And if you can't see BossMan's eyes in this photo at this point, well, it's just funny. OK I'm looking pretty scary after a day on the water (if you've never been sailing, you just have to imagine a day in the salty wind - it's a "fun" dirty), so dirty, with a mismatched outfit (it's a pirate shirt that says, "Women who behave rarely make history." I love that saying...).

Then we got back in the boat, (Rainman drove) and went off to another bar (HUH? I thought we were going HOME!) thankfully it was CLOSED. Imagine that closed at 2am. So we headed home. And eventually, after discovering that the creeks all look the same at night, we found home. BossMan went up to bed while the Captain and I laughed hysterically at jokes we can't remember now (we stayed on the sailboat) and then promptly crashed.

I think this probably doesn't qualify as "dancing." I think we were laughing about something again. We do that a lot.

I'm pretty sure I'm never drinking Rum ever again.....


Now it's back to work and back to business. Just in time to save my sanity. And my liver. Whew.

4 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

~~sigh~~
That's it...no comment...just..~~ssssiiiiiigghhhh~~.
debbie@iREALLYneededtobethere.com
:-)

Suzanne said...

Sounds and looks like a fun time to me.
I hope you have recovered.
A weekend like that requires a few days of detox.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Phins up for the Hula action!! From one Hula Girl to another....

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a great time!