Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Good The Bad the Ugly and Poop

I thought this was a daily blog? that was before trials and traveling and dogs who learned to open pantries and poop all night....

The GOOD: In this horrid economy with people and family members being laid off and my industry laying off by the thousands, I have been fortunate enough to stay in a place that is cautious, conservative, and loyal. Yesterday I got a notice that I actually got a bonus for 2008. Huh? Shocked. Totally and wholly. I didn't make my billable hours - no one in my group did last year. But I worked my butt off on non-billables, on committees, and marketing, and pro bono work. And someone noticed. And said, "Thanks." I am speechless

The Bad: Kind of goes along with The Ugly and Poop:
Yesterday Queen Bee again went on a chocolate rampage - this time opening the pantry, opening the door to the family room, and opening Stink Butt's cage and letting her out. The two feasted on Onion soup mix, (deadly onions to dogs), chocolate cake mix, boxes of mac n cheese and who knows what else. They shredded papers and had a party all over the house. And then they pooped. And vomited. Everywhere. All night long. And still today. AND I am vomiting - not sure if it's the grossness of the dogs or the flu that's going around. And Son is sick in bed with a fever and the flu of another kind. And Daughter went to school to get away from the madness with her nasty cold and sore throat.

Yep, it's bad, ugly and poopy around here. The Vet's on speed dial and contemplating whether we give Stinky Butt the BRAT [bananas rice applesauce toast] diet for her diarrhea or whether we give her an enema to get the rest out once and for all. Queen bee, being 75 pounds, is doing ok other than HATING her new cage that she'll be living in while we're out of the house forever more. I need to add double locks and maybe set up nanny-cams (doggy-cams?) to figure out how she's pulling this Houdini stunt. No it's not Ex coming over. He's in Florida [again - so ironic] so I can't blame him....

But that work thing? I am busy as all hell. I have already filled 2 months' quota of hours in the first 6 weeks so I am happy, even if it means I can't blog regularly or read other's blogs or stay home when I'm vomiting. Yeah. I'm at the office. Sharing my germs. And my Purell sanitizer....

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my! I've been wondering where you were. I've missed you! :)

Sorry things are so crazy for you right now. They'll get better soon, I swear!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm having sympathy nausea. I take it you're having your carpets cleaned soon.

Cassie said...

SO sorry about your pooches. Sounds like they had the doggy version of a frat party gone wild! But, the bright side is at least you have the money to hire an expert carpet cleaner! Congrats on your bonus.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

BTDT with the dogs getting into stuff. Brats! Pumpkin is great for doggy diarrhea (and constipation, too, for the record). They'll usually eat it right up.

Busy Bee Suz said...

holy mackeral. I can't imagine. I hope everyone is feeling better and less vomitish....poor thing.