Thursday, October 9, 2008

It was Not A Date - and my Ass ( I broke the ThighMaster)

Thanks to all of you who helped me figure out if I were being paranoid or if my kids were right. With your advice, a precautionary email, and some other well-advised tactics, the dinner with my Sunday School "Friend" was just fine thank-you-very-much.

It was too late to invite others. I already tried co-ercing the kids to join me but 1) it's dad's week 2) Daughter had Wind Ensemble and 3) Son said "OVer my dead body will I go." so not such a plan to bring them. Plan B? An email: "Gee too bad we didn't think to invite the other Sunday School teachers - then we could have all enjoyed learning more about each other and shared some ideas - well, maybe next time!" And Part 2 of Plan B: Captain strategically calls during dinner....

SO we had a lovely dinner, we DID talk about Sunday School and shared some ideas and solved some "how should we handle this rowdy kid" problems AND got to know each other a little better. AND he knows I have a BF. I think I have a new friend. No Hard Feelings. Whew.

And my Ass? Growing nicely. This week I managed to 1) work instead of play soccer 2) notice people jogging and think "Gee I have the urge to do that" which is a positive sign; 3) do a few hundred sit-ups 4) break my 1980's thigh master while attempting to tone my massive thighs.

So Broccoli is coming to watch the World Cup Qualifier against Cuba. We will tailgate and drink waaaaay too much beer and have fun (and watch Son run in his Cross Country Match) so, um, my ass project begins for real next week.

Pay no attention to the fact that I have said this previously. This time I Mean It. Really. Uh-huh...

6 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm glad the dinner went well!

Busy Bee Suz said...

So glad the date/not date went well. Good having the Captain call...you are so smart!
I bet you could have taken that thigh master to the Antique Road show and made some cash...too bad you broke it.

Anonymous said...

I need to know more about this ass project. I currently suffer from a severe case of Blogger Butt, and would like some tips for reducing it's effects! Next week sounds like a good time to start:)

Thanks for stopping by my place. I hope you will be back to visit soon.

dkuroiwa said...

THIS is what I just love about the blogging world~~put a problem or situation out there and you get enough suggestions that one (or more) of them just has to work!!
Cool.....NEXT!!
Have a great weekend!!

Clippy Mat said...

dammit too late. i was going to comment on the post asking for advice because i will take ANY opportunity to stick in my 2 cents worth and tell other people how to run their lives. and wouldn't you know i missed it.
but if there's anything else.....
i'm here for the asking.

Unknown said...

Dinner? I thought it was just for coffee? Loved your son's reaction...I have to agree with him. Anyway, glad it worked out.