Aw thanks BigCityDad!
Yes Props to me because "You've got to be kidding!' [living next door to ex]. Yes at first I thought it was a great idea. Now I can't wait to move. Not for any specific reason - more just a space issue in general. So thanks for coming by and noticing!
Of course in the bloggy world, getting means giving. But First, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about me you don't know. That might be hard, because I'm pretty much an open book here (isn't that the point of blogging? Ok for my kind of blog anyway).
1. For a hard-ass lawyer, I cry about everything. I remember crying during the McDonald's commercial on the last episode of M*A*S*H - the one where the big brother gave the little sister his last french fry? Because I was in middle school and my Big Bro was in high school and I loved him like that and hoped he loved me like that, too. So Sentimental? Um yeah, that's me.
2. other people's blood makes me want to die (OK Captain so you knew this - maybe lots of people don't). When Son smashed his fingers in the neighbor's door at 3 years old and took the tips off his fingers, neighbor didn't know whether to tend to screaming child or passing-out mama.
3. I fantasize about having a gazillion kids. Philosopher Mom? She's my hero. 9 kids, phd, awesome person. I wanted 12 kids when I was a kid - after reading "Cheaper by the dozen." When I got married I wanted 6, Ex wanted 1. After many years of trying, I got a 2-for-1 special and we quit there. Many days I regret that - but it would have had to be many kids with a different Man.
4. I fantasize about singing like Kelly Clarkson or Barbara Streisand. I know I can't sing for crap and that it sometimes hurts people's ears to listen, but in my shower or a crowded bar full of drunk people? I AM the next American Idol! And no matter the song, I know ALL the words. It's a gift. Some call me the Human Radio (wait is that two things?)
5. I'm going to die when my kids go to college. OH don't give me that "freedom" and "they're growing" and "next stage" crap. I'm going to die. They are so awesome and I love it that when they are with me so are all their friends. My house is so crowded with overflowing shoes and food wrappers and soda cans and laughter and hugs, I love it. There I said it.
6. I love football and wish I had been a boy - a big boy - just so that I could've strapped on the pads and done some serious headknocking. Boys got all the fun sports. I played in the neighborhood until middle school when it became uncool for boys to be tackling me. Man I missed the many hours of playing "kill the man with the ball." Being a girl sucked then.
7. I love tonic water. OK sometimes with Gin or Rum, but I also love plain tonic water (diet even!). It's yummy. Add a splash of lime juice and it is awesome. Really.
So now bloggers I admire!
Wow that's hard - I love everyone. But I am going to choose the unusual - none of my commenters! They all know I love them to pieces and they are loyal fans. And win lots of awards. Here are my newbies:
1. My friend started a money advice blog at The Money Heifer. Now my friend is not a multi-million dollar salary earner.** She works for the government, is single, and is the most amazing, talented, dedicated saver I have ever met. She's an awesome friend, too. Check her out - she is wise on the money issues let me tell you! **edited to add: I mean this as the highest compliment - I think it's easy for "big money" people to tout advice that may or may not be "real." The Money Heifer, however, is someone we can relate to, someone who shows us that we can do this just as she has! I realized after writing this that this might have come out as less than a compliment!
2. OK This is how pathetic I am lately - I am going to name EVERYONE ELSE to Beautiful Blogger. Because truthfully? Although I always give the award to the same people (I am such a non-reacher-outer) I love my bloggy buddies. I Love Cheri (who I wish would write more b/c she's amazing), I love my cousin JO for too many reasons to list, I love Suzy who has such energy and ORGANIZATION and lives in a warm climate, I love Jenn who is truly Juggling life, Katydidnot makes me laugh out loud and spit things out my nose, ChiTown girl makes me think twice about hating the cold Chicago weather, Bumpkin stops by and cheers me up, Debbie at Etc Etc Etc cracks me up but makes me feel badly for being a wimp about life when she's living 1/2 way around the world from her peeps and thriving!, Loving Jason and his unique family because his courage sometimes make me cry and often makes me laugh, I love my cousin DF for his wisdom and telling me the hard things sometimes, I love and am amazed at my cousin at DuckFeet who keeps it all together in her uber-brilliant way, (My cousins taught me to blog by the way!), I love HulaGirl for her Buffet-ways and her awesome photos. I know I forgot some (add Philosopher Mom Here).... You can all claim the button (or not) and play along (or not). No worries.
Thanks again BigCityDad. So Nice to make new friends in the BlogOSphere.