Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Problem with Working in the City

Last night I stayed up way too late playing Angry Birds, playing Shark Attack, drafting a brief.  Which means less than 3 hours sleep.  Which means I am totally exhausted by 2pm.

I finished Facebooking, surfing the net, blogging, drafting the brief at work around 2 and was waiting for comments so I  decided to walk around the block to the local drug store and get some comfort food some health food some makeup.  The weatherman said we were going to have horrible terrible storms including hail and dangerous flood-warning rain, which meant it was gorgeous and sunny outside.  Not kidding.

The walk over wasn't bad - it's a couple blocks, just the right amount to wake me up a little so that I could go back to blogging, facebooking, drafting the brief.

The walk home, however, was dreadful.

There are 37.5 restaurants between my office and the drug store.  All crammed on two blocks!  Really!  Ok There are only 3 plus a coffee shop plus Frozen Yogurt plus a deadly Cupcake shop that I have miraculously managed to avoid for months.  And no that is all true, not kidding.  Anyway, on my way back from the drug store, I have to walk right through the lovely outdoor cafe of the Mexican restaurant where damned tourists happy-go-lucky, carefree individuals are sitting outside, drinking giant margaritas!  I ask you, where is the Justice?  How can they just sit there and torment me?

I check my watch - it's 2:37 p.m. - too late for lunch which I already had (if Lean Cuisine counts?  Sadly it does).  It's too early for happy hour and plus I have more Facebooking to do a brief to finish, and I have a game tonight.

I realize then and there that I must get out of this city.  The stress is killing me.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Suddenly my fruit and yogurt breakfast seems quite inadequate. I think I need some chips and salsa!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I have never worked or lived anywhere that you could walk and get a cupcake or a margarita!!!!

Mrs. Tuna said...

I just ate a giant vat of Costco mango salsa in honor of your walk.

JO said...

I would SO have the Giant Margarita...with a cupcake...and finish it off with a coffee and a frozen yogurt - because that is not HOW but rather why I roll.