Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Oh Thundershirt Come QUICKLY!

Our "new" baby - Goofusmarufus (aka Calypso) - has her share of quirks.  I've heard that happens with rescue dogs.

Calypso came to us rather unexpectedly, shortly after Queen Bee died and when we weren't really sure we wanted, needed or could deal with a new dog.  But sometimes Dogs choose us.  And she did.

Having only ever raised pure bred pups, I had a lot of learning to do dealing with a shy, feral, 9 month old unknown mixed-breed mutt.  She understands life as:
  •  Yelling means you are mean and I won't come near you for days, even if you're not yelling at me. 
  •  If you come at me too quickly I will assume you are going to do something evil and I will bolt and avoid you for hours. 
  • Food is a trick to get me to do something I don't want to do. 
  • Puddles, not dog dishes, are for drinking. 
  • If you ever do make me do anything I don't want to (like go in the water despite having "water dog" breeds heavily in my blood), I will remember it forever and if you even say the word "pool" or "swimming" I will disappear faster than jelly beans on Easter.
After two years I have learned how to live with her, how to give her love and training, but sometimes, I still can't give her comfort.

Lately, Goofus has decided she's terrified of thunderstorms.  Living in South Florida, this is kind of a problem.  I've heard about the Thundershirts and decided to give it a try.  Their website offered free shipping and a moneyback guarantee, so how can I lose?  Yesterday I finally ordered one.

Apparently I waited a bit too long.  It will be here in 7-10 days.

Meanwhile, last night we had lightening strikes all night long.  Guess who was running around the house crying all night long.  Guess who wanted to cry this morning when she had to get up for work?

We do have a large bathroom with no windows where Goofy Callie likes to hide during most storms.  Apparently that wasn't good enough last night.  Apparently she wanted to run around the house crying until I woke up.

Hurry Thundershirt and get here quickly.  And please let it WORK.
 

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

That poor baby! Ozzie (also a rescue) is terrified of storms. It's gotten so bad, that on overcast days, he is sure a storm IS coming and he starts the panting and shaking.
Here is my post about thundershirts. Be sure to read the instructions....you have to put it on them way before the storm or else they relate the shirt TO the storm. I bought mine at petsmart. I'm sure you have one there...why wait???

http://daybydaywithsuz.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-little-help-for-my-sissy-friends.html

Some days when I'm leaving for work, I just suit them both up. Summer is hard for scared pups!

Good luck,
Suz

Stephanie said...

OMGosh! I read this post and remembered the one by Suz! I have heard those thundershirts work wonders. I hope it works for you baby too. Oh the things we will do for our pets :)

ChiTown Girl said...

Oooo!! Calypso is SO cute!!! I hope that shirt comes soon. =)

anonimous said...


Getting back with your ex lover,urgently with love spell is really the best spell caster with 100% guarantee..my names is Kimberly Johnson ,AM from United states .i never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went to Africa in June last year on a business summit i meet a man called prophet ogidi, is powerful he could help you cast a spells to bring back my love s gone misbehaving lover looking for some one to love you bring back lost money and magic money spell or spell for a good job i m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 4 year i really loved him, but his mother was against me and he had no good paying job so when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him at first i was undecided,skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try and in 5 days when i returned to taxes my boyfriend (is now my husband ) he called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married i didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better in case anyone needs the spell caster for some help his email address:miraclecenter110@gmail.com or you can call him at +2348182260982